My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Thursday, March 3, 2011

Books I'm Reading

I read books for a number of reasons. Sometimes to learn. Sometimes purely for entertainment and sometimes because it's the genre I write and I need to keep up.

I thought it may be interesting to give you all an up to date list of the books I have read / am reading this year to date. It's already been quite a few! Maybe you can tell why I chose to read each of the books below (I have live linked all those books that are available at SmashWords which, as I have mentioned before, is a great place to get ebooks).

So, the books I have already read are:

And the books I am still part way through are:
  • 4 Hr Workweek (Tim Ferriss) - Non-Fiction Lifestyle
  • 4 Hr Body (Tim Ferriss) - Non-Fiction Lifestyle
  • Shatter (Elizabeth Mock) - Fantasy
  • Sex at Dawn (Christopher Ryan) - Non-Fiction Evolution

It's an interesting mix. I think I've read more books so far this year than any other year to date since I was a teen. I'm pretty pleased about that.

What have I got up next on my list? Well two follow up books to a couple I've already read. One by Amanda Hocking and the other by Orson Scott Card.

What books are you currently reading and why?

Have you read any of these books?


Xannu - The Prophecy by Paul Dorset. $0.99 from Smashwords.com
Living out a mundane school life is not the norm for 12yo Terry West. After digging up some rune coins near a roman road, he has been living another life. The other world is very different from his home. There he is Teern Truthbringer, an 18yo soldier, who is tasked with finding the Xannu. Battling un-earthly creatures & witnessing powerful magic are all in a day's work. But some want him dead...

The Emperor's Edge (a high fantasy mystery in an era of steam) by Lindsay Buroker. $2.99 from Smashwords.com
Imperial law enforcer Amaranthe Lokdon is good at her job: she can deter thieves and pacify thugs, if not with a blade, then by toppling an eight-foot pile of coffee canisters onto their heads. But when ravaged bodies show up on the waterfront, an arson covers up human sacrifices, and a powerful business coalition plots to kill the emperor, she feels a tad overwhelmed....

Encrypted by Lindsay Buroker. $2.99 from Smashwords.com
Professor Tikaya Komitopis isn’t a great beauty, a fearless warrior, or even someone who can walk and chew chicle at the same time, but her cryptography skills earn her wartime notoriety. When enemy marines show up at her family’s plantation, she expects the worst. But they’re not there to kill her. They need her to decode mysterious runes before their secrets destroy the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment