My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Sunday, March 6, 2011

Will I remember you when I'm famous?

This is sort of like the anti blog post. When you embark on something different you start to find out who your real friends are. I've often wondered who my real friends were. Haven't you? Is it the person that lends you a cup of sugar. Or the person who gives you a ride to the airport. Or maybe it's the person that tells you 'they'll be there for you.' Things you do in life force each and every one of your friends out into the open. I've found out a lot of things this week. Lots of things that have surprised me. There have been people who I don't even know that have been prepared to take a chance on buying both of my books from me. And at the other end of the scale there have been long time friends that haven't believed enough in me to accept my dreams and read one of my books.

Is this a rant blog post? No, absolutely not. All I'm saying is that sometimes we make assumptions about who our friends are without fully understanding the complete scenario. I have been blessed with very many friends. There are friends of mine that would bail me out of jail if I ever needed that help (I know I never will). Then there are friends that say they would bail me out of jail but actually would be quite happy for me to rot there instead. Oh, what an interesting life we lead!

So, back to the title of the blog post: 'Will I remember you when I'm famous?' I know who my true friends are. I will always remember those people. As for the other 'fair weather' friends, I may well be 'on vacation' when they come knocking on my door.

PS. Is this the time I mention #tigerblood :-)

PPS. This really isn't a rant post. It just feels good sometimes to write things down. It gets them out of your head so that you can get on with your life. Wouldn't it be a great world if everyone else did the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment