My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Unashamed $0.99 Promotion: Xannu - The Prophecy

It's been a busy week! Sales have gone better than expected on the new ebook release of 'Xannu - The Prophecy' and its sister book 'Xannu - The Healing.' I am currently hard at work writing the third in the series, hopefully ready for a release later in the year.

But today I thought I would unashamedly promote the books to you just in case you haven't got your copy yet. It's tough starting out as an author getting established and getting recognized. This is one of the reasons why I am offering the first book in the series at only $0.99!!!



I have come to the realization over the last couple of years that I have a passion to write full-time, hopefully eventually for a professional living. And so I have started to work to realize this passion during 2011.

We all have to start somewhere. That somewhere for me is to reach out to everyone to plead and to beg if necessary and ask a small favor that will help me realize my dream.

My first book is priced at just $0.99 for nearly 400 pages of epic fantasy; or about 1c for every 4 pages, or for every 1,300 words. Now however you look at it, that's a great deal. The deal is made even sweeter by the fact the book is also a thrilling read!

You don't have a kindle or other e-reader? That's not a problem. The books can also be downloaded from either Amazon or SmashWords and read on your PC (see previous blog post).



The reason I want your purchase is not for the $0.99; trust me, my share of that will not make me rich! But if you buy my book and then honestly review it for me on the site where you bought it, those words of yours will help me more than any other action could as I become established.

I have a dream. I have a passion and I'd like to thank you in advance for your support. The remainder of this blog post gives links to the books (you can click either of the pictures to the right to be taken straight to Amazon, or scroll further to click through to SmashWords). Please click and help me take that first step into this new profession I am entering.

Did you know this week was 'buy an e-book' week? Well, now you do. So, try it - buy my book and become embroiled in a land of magic, intrigue and fantasy that others have already journeyed to. Then, you too, can wait with baited breath for the next installment!

Before the rest of the promotional links, let me remind you a little of just what this book is about:

Xannu - The Prophecy (Book 1 of 'The Southern Lands' saga)
“Listen to the teachings of a wise man. You may not understand all he says but you will surely have nourishment for the future. Be positive and plan for success. Failure to plan is to plan for failure. Worry not at what came before but only prepare yourselves for that which is ahead.” (Pika’Al 10:1-5, The Scriptures of Al’Zaneed)
Living out a mundane school life is not the norm for Terry West. After digging up some rune coins near a roman road, he has been living in another world inhabited by warlocks, seductresses, priests and prophecy. There Terry is a soldier, Teern Truthbringer, who is tasked with finding the Xannu - 'he who will lead the people into deliverance.'

Journeying far and wide to fulfill his destiny, Teern will meet many others. Some who will help him and some who will want him dead. Visiting strange lands, battling un-earthly creatures and witnessing powerful magic are all in a day’s work.

But remaining an integral part of his circle of friends back at school leads to many dilemmas. How will he balance the two lives he leads, solve two sets of problems, and understand the lessons he receives from both? Only time will tell. But time is something Terry doesn't have too much of, as everything is unfolding in ways he could never have imagined!


Xannu - The Prophecy by Paul Dorset. $0.99 from Smashwords.com
Living out a mundane school life is not the norm for Terry West. After digging up some rune coins near a roman road he has been living in another world inhabited by warlocks, seductresses, priests and prophecy. There Terry is a soldier, Teern Truthbringer, who is tasked with finding the Xannu. Battling un-earthly creatures & witnessing powerful magic are all in a day's work. But some want him dead...

Xannu - The Healing by Paul Dorset. $3.99 from Smashwords.com
Continuing on from The Prophecy, this book follows the journeys of two groups of people who are both trying to heal their charges. Back in England, Terry West is distraught after the loss of his best friend. But as Teern Truthbringer the soldier, Terry is busy battling un-earthly creatures & witnessing powerful magic on a daily basis. But is he prepared for the perilous journey he has to take to heal his charge; the Xannu.

No comments:

Post a Comment