My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Review: Buenos Aires Grill - Seattle

Buenos Aires Grill

I snagged a Groupon voucher a couple of months ago and so my wife and I were looking for the right opportunity to try this place out. We went there at 7:30 on a Monday night and the restaurant was nearly empty. The greeting was nice, prompt and we were given our pick of tables.

The waiter talked us through the menu and helped us select a wine and obviously had knowledge of tasting different selections. He recommended an appetizer (melted provolone cheese) which was to die for!

Our main course was Ojo de Bife (rib eye, bone in) and my wife and I both ordered it medium rare. We also ordered some papas fritas and grilled asparagus to accompany it. We drank some of our excellent wine and waited in anticipation for the food.

My wife's steak was excellent, but unfortunately mine was very fatty and gristly. No problem, it was taken back to the kitchen to be replaced. The chef said the only other one they had looked very similar and suggested I choose something different. I went with the New York strip. It arrived in about another 8 minutes or so. It was excellent! BTW - The grilled Asparagus were also amazing. Slightly sweet and really tender.

The staff  was very apologetic and went to great lengths to put everything right for us, even giving us their signature dessert for free. We left the restaurant very happy and would definitely recommend it to other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment