My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Monday, April 18, 2011

Struggling Indie Author - What's been happening?

It's been a busy few days in the life of a struggling Indie author and so I thought I'd write a quick blog post to let you all know what's been happening. On Friday afternoon I met with a potential publicist and I am very happy to say that the meeting went extremely well. I now have a publicist! Woo Hoo! I'll be posting specifically about that in the next couple of days. Then, on Saturday I had my first bricks and mortar Book Promotion Afternoon. It was held at my local Irish Pub and I was overwhelmed by the turnout and support. I sold more books than I expected and the kind words of visitors made the day so worthwhile. There were also appearances from Ray Guyll, my partner in crime for the Gwillville series, and also my publicist who was busy taking notes.

As a result of the book afternoon and other promising opportunities, I have decided to change to the publisher of my Xannu books over the summer. I shall be re-editing the first two books in the series and re-releasing them again, along with the third, probably around August. This is proving to be an exciting couple of months.

Then, this week I should finish the final proofs of Jai and Jasmine's Jeopardous Journey and the book should be on sale at Amazon by the end of April. More on that over the next week.

What else has been happening? Well I currently have my book out to 8 book bloggers for review. I hope to see some of those results over the next month or so.

Yes, things are starting to get busy, which is good. But in the meantime, please continue to support this struggling Indie author. Spread the word, buy my books, write reviews. I will be eternally grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment