My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The 10 Hour Project Manager - 3 Five Star Reviews from Amazon!

It's been a successful first month's launch for my latest book 'The 10 Hour Project Manager' and I thought I'd finish out the month by posting a few of the reviews I've received from Purchasers on Amazon:

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best practical book on Project Management.April 27, 2011
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: The 10 Hour Project Manager (Kindle Edition)
If you are looking to do a great job as a PM and still have a life, get this book. It is written by a very practical project manager for individuals who would like to be more effective and practical in their role as PM. How do I know this? I worked with him for several years on long term international projects with large multinational team. This book accurately reflects what he preached and practiced on the projects and hence my recommendation. I did not decide to write this recommendation as a favor to the author but as a favor to individuals, who can use a really practical guide to managing project and have a life. This author with his approach made it possible for all the team members to have a real work-life balance even on the road. Under him, our team excelled in every area imaginable on a project. I am glad that he decided to put his thoughts into writing so others can benefit from his approach. This would also be a great book for someone starting out as a Project Manager, as well.


5.0 out of 5 stars Best PM Book I own.....April 17, 2011
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: The 10 Hour Project Manager (Kindle Edition)
While not in offical PM role, I often manage small scale projects for my immediate team at work (a team of about 50). This book came into my life just after I was strongly encouraged to take on a very large scale project (this time affecting my larger organization of 400). 
Understanding Mr Dorset's Meta Rules for Project Management has been a tremendous help to apply and use while I work on managing this larger scale project. Being able to stop 'juggling' and start thinking like Bobby Fisher instead has changed the way I approach all my project now (and I'm buying extra copies of his book to share with folks). 
Here's to stopping the juggling.



5.0 out of 5 stars The 10 Hour Project ManagerApril 28, 2011
This review is from: The 10 Hour Project Manager (Paperback)
This book is filled with genuine, practical insights from an expert in the field of project management. The author describes a project management approach that you can apply to any type of project, whether you are a new or seasoned project manager. Read this book if you desire to be a project manager who adds value to your team and organization.


The book is currently $4.99 as an ebook on Amazon and Smashwords and $10.16 as a paperback on Lulu or $11.95 on Amazon.

Buy it now before it goes up in price at the weekend!

What will I learn from this book? This book is about the meta-rules associated with running a project. It’s about the management skills that will not only help you decide what you need to pay close attention to but also what you can safely de-prioritize. This will allow you to focus on the relevant and important items in a project. Every project is a little different, but the meta-rules are the same. By the end of this book you should have all the tools necessary to be able to successfully manage most projects in only ten hours a week (during the majority of the lifecycle). Just think what you will be able to do with all that spare time. Maybe you'll even be able to start that little money-earning side project you've always intended to get underway!

No comments:

Post a Comment