My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Thursday, April 7, 2011

Writing for Reviews

So, I've started submitting my YA Fantasy novel 'Xannu - The Prophecy' to book bloggers for review. It's an interesting process, both good and bad.

The good - It's one of the ways supposedly that you get your book known to the masses. Lots of people read book blogs.

The bad - You never know how well your book will be received. Is two stars good enough? Must you have three stars? Or will you hate reviewers forever if you don't get five stars?

Then there's the actual process itself. It's really difficult to get reviewers to take your book. Of course they have hundreds of people wanting their books reviewed and you are a relative nobody. Why should they take your book over somebody else's?

But, as of today, I have six book bloggers that have taken my book. Over the course of the next couple of months we shall see how this pans out. Hopefully I won't be suicidal by the end of the process.

What are my expectations? This is a tough one.
  1. I know I can write
  2. Writing can always be improved upon
  3. Books are subjective to the reader
So, what will the bloggers say? I am expecting a fairly mixed bag of comments and then I will continue on. I believe in myself and enough people have read my books and liked them - complete strangers - for me to be satisfied I'm doing the right thing. Now it's all about getting myself known and keeping on improving.

So, gotta dash; the final chapters of 'Xannu - The Portal' are calling me. Oh, the pressures of writing!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure if I am one of the bloggers mentioned in this post or not, but I just finished your first Xannu book and came here to see if there was a second available. I am hoping to get your review posted on Amazon, Amazon UK, Shelfari, and Goodreads tomorrow and it will be the featured review on my blog towards the end of the month (28th I think).

    ReplyDelete