My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Juice Fast - Day 0

So, here we go. Yesterday the Juicer arrived. It's all shiny and imposing and now taking its pride of place on the kitchen counter. I tried out a couple of recipes last night and swigged some of the stuff down to see how I liked it. The good news - it was actually most drinkable.

Every day I will be reporting on the previous day with comments under a number of categories as follows:
  • Skin
  • Energy
  • Sleep
  • Hunger
  • Aches & Pains
  • Pounds Lost
  • General Comments
The good news is that I've found my breakfast drink - yummy! Simply juice 3 apples (cored), 1 cucumber (peeled) and a cup or two of blackberries (or blueberries, raspberries). This makes up about 16oz of a wonderful fresh morning drink to start the day off.

The green leafy juices that will make up the rest of the day are going to be more of an experiment. I have found several recipes online so I will try a few and work out just what works best. Of course I will report back.

I'm expecting to hate the first two or three days of this fast. That's what everybody says. No chewy food and my body will start to clear out all the toxins inside. Still, it has to be done. Onwards and upwards to the next ten days!

You can read the complete Juice Fast series by clicking the link HERE.

2 comments:

  1. I have a juicer and some of the juices are amazingly tasty. I have never done the whole juice fast thing, but I saw the same movie you did and considered for a bit. It may still be in my future, for now though I'll follow yours.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never done this before either - so I'll see how it goes. Keeping my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete