My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Juice Fast - Day 7 (Final Summary)

So here we, are seven days of my juice fast complete!

Let's get straight on with the comments:
  • Skin - The blotches on my face seem to be a little better, although they are definitely still there. Hopefully over the next couple of weeks they will disappear
  • Energy - My energy was still very good yesterday even though I was mostly housebound due to the snowy weather. I definitely seem to have a higher level of energy overall than before the juice fast
  • Sleep - I slept really well and awoke very refreshed. No snoring is a real bonus!
  • Hunger - I wasn't hungry yesterday and I maintained my juice intake. I drank about 60oz of juice during the day and about 80oz of water
  • Aches & Pains - None
  • Total Pounds Lost - 6.8 (0.0 yesterday) This was the most disappointing element of yesterday although I had a feeling it would be like this as for some reason my body decided to retain water yesterday
  • General Comments -  I feel euphoric! Seven days without any food - only fresh fruit and vegetable juice, and some water. Yes, that's been my diet for the past week and it hasn't been too bad at all, to be honest.
So, I guess I should summarize all my experiences as best as possible.

The most noticeable thing to me has been my heightened sense of smell and taste. This was something I wasn't expecting at all. As I transition back to real food it will be interesting to see how everything tastes. My body has definitely gone through a detox this past week.

I went shopping today for some food to see me through the next couple of days as I break my fast and start to eat real food again. I even made some fresh coleslaw and hummus this evening and put them in the fridge ready for tomorrow. As I've written before, I want to try and eat as much raw as I can, with only the minimum of cooked or processed food. And the diet will also be 90%+ vegetarian. Wish me luck. I'll report back on that from time to time.

My energy these past few days has also been really good and I have also been sleeping really well, although I have been having quite vivid dreams. But, and this is the best part, my snoring has more orless disappeared altogether. I really want to keep all these great feelings as I move forward, back on my day to day course.

And weight loss? That's been an interesting journey. In some ways I thought that I would lose more than I did, but in other ways I am really pleased to lose the 6.8lbs. When you see other testimonials about losing weight, they always sounds so great. But I have to remember, it's not that I was 100lb overweight when I started. This year in total, I set myself a challenging 26lbs to lose (anything over 16lbs would be wonderful). I had already lost a couple of lbs before I started this fast and so now I only have 17.2lbs to lose over the course of the rest of the year (11 months). And to put that weight loss in perspective, when I reach my weight loss goal I will be the lightest weight I can remember being in over twenty years! I am already nearly at the weight I was when I first arrived in the USA, over sixteen years ago, and I considered myself pretty okay back then! So no, I'm not going to complain about my weight loss.

What does that leave? Not a lot really I guess. I'm definitely going to do this again later in the year, for another reboot, and the journey has definitely taught me a lot about how the body reacts to food. I urge any of you out there reading this to give the juice fast a go. You'll be surprised by the journey.

You can read the complete Juice Fast series by clicking the link HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment