My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Juice Fast - Update Plus 1 Week

So it's been a week since I finished my seven day juice fast and I thought I'd write a quick update on how I've managed myself since then.

The good news is that I've managed to keep my weight off. I put on about three pounds after the first two days, but I've slowly taken it back off (all but 0.5lb) again during the rest of the week. I'm very pleased about that.

Other things are a little mixed though. I have to admit that immediately after my juice fast I went a little wild and completely blew my dietary promises out of the water. It didn't help that here in Seattle we were suffering from the worst snow storm in several years, but at the end of the day I only have myself to blame. The problem was that I had no real meal plan. It had been so easy to just drink juices. I should have really planned out exactly what I was going to eat once I was finished with my fast - in detail. Only now, a whole week later, am I just working out an eating regime. Changing the way you eat without detailed planning is not a good idea. Be warned!

Then there's my energy levels. The euphoria of the juice diet wore off within a couple of days and I haven't really had a surplus of energy at all these last few days. But I am still sleeping well (and not really snoring), even though the last couple of days I have been suffering from a bit of a cold. The bounce back from the juice fast has had its downside.

Still, this is all a learning experience and as I move forward these next couple of weeks and then months, I hope to get a better handle on it all. It's all about routine and I just need to perfect my routine. Well, there you have it, my one week update. I'll post a further update in a few weeks time.

PS. For those of you that are interested, I'm still making juices and I'm drinking about one per day, be it either fruit, veggie or a mix. I'm also trying my best to eat as much raw as possible and not to eat meat, processed foods or candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment