My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Sunday, January 15, 2012

Juice Fast - Day 4 (Summary)

Four days down and nearly halfway!

Day four was an interesting day that has left me asking a lot of questions.

Let's get straight on with the comments:
  • Skin - The blotches on my face are no worse nor better than yesterday. I hope they are going to start to clear up soon
  • Energy - My energy was excellent yesterday. I did all the things I wanted to do without any issues and enjoyed a relaxing evening
  • Sleep - I slept really well and awoke bright and alert
  • Hunger - It's very weird to go through a day and not feel hungry. My body must be shutting down! I drank about 60oz of juice during the day and about 80oz of water
  • Aches & Pains - None
  • Total Pounds Lost - 5.6 (0.4 yesterday)
  • General Comments -  I awoke on day four with lots of energy. After drinking breakfast I thought it would be good to do some writing. My focus this week has been around juicing and body health and I hadn't gotten around to do any writing. Today would be a good day to get back into it.
Alas, it was not to be. I read through the last chapter I had written and decided my brain wasn't quite in the right space to continue where I had left off. That wasn't to say my brain wasn't functioning, just not ready to continue writing just yet. I decided I needed to go for a long walk instead. So, once I had sorted out several other things I set off for a one hour brisk walk. It was good, although very cold out on the trail! Still, it was just as well I went when I did as an hour after I got home it started to snow. The weather has turned!

The odd thing about this juice fast is my lack of hunger. Last week I would have thought that going through this I would have felt hungry all the time. Not so at all. How does that work? Has my stomach shrunk and my body gone into starvation mode? I'm not sure. If I was in starvation mode then surely all the foods everywhere would make me hungry, wouldn't they? No, I think it's a little different somehow. My body is obviously enjoying this clean out and is reacting positively to it. I wonder how long it wants to go on with the experiment? I know from my end it's six more days and I'm outta here! Not that I won't come back to it again sometime, it's just that I am looking forward to having some solid food again - maybe some nice crunchy salads and fresh fruit. And I don't even like salads! I must be losing my mind.

Some other observations from yesterday include a heightened sense of taste and smell. Very weird indeed! I can smell things I don't normally smell, just walking around the house, and when I taste my juices it's just like I can taste many of the several ingredients individually. This is definitely something that I haven't experienced for a very long time.

Then lastly it was also weird only losing 0.4lb yesterday. Previous days have seen much greater losses and nothing was different in what I did. In fact, if anything, I was more active yesterday than the day before. Perhaps my body stored more water yesterday. I don't know. The one thing that I am seeing is that weight loss is not entirely dependent upon calories consumed. The body is indeed an interesting thing. Let's see what happens tomorrow!

You can read the complete Juice Fast series by clicking the link HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment