My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Friday, January 6, 2012

Time To Get On With Some Writing

It's already the 5th January and to date this year I've written exactly ZERO words towards my latest book in the Melrose series. It's time to dust off the old fingers and get them typing again. I have until the end of February to get this book written. Fifty-five days. That's not a lot of time to pen approximately 80,000 words. Oh well, I guess I just need to knuckle down, stop complaining and making excuses, and do it!


I always get like this when it's time to write. I put it off for a while. Any excuse. But once I get into the story, I can't stop writing - usually. So now it's time to write again. Too many people have asked me when the next book in the series will be ready. I have readers to make happy! Lots of other things are also dependent upon me finishing this book too. My Xannu series needs the re-editing finished. And then there's the elusive third book of the Xannu series that has now been finished (in draft form) for nearly a year. I have to get that released by the summer! Otherwise I won't get around to writing book #3 in the Melrose series and get that published by the end of the year! Oh, 2012 is certainly going to be a busy year for writing. Oh, and somewhere in between all that I have to write another Xannu book (#4). Dammit, where did the time go already? I don't know how I've even got time to dillydally, not writing. I should be spending every minute writing. Oh wait - I can't. I have a day job and a life too. Still, no more excuses, it's onwards and upwards. Time to write Unicorns Chapter 3...

4 comments:

  1. Your goal is about the same time mine is!! I'm on Chapter 10 of a book that I've been working on for ten years (yes, TEN), and I started from Chapter Nine around the end of December. To meet my goal, I have to finish Chapter Ten, by tomorrow NIGHT. And I have to do a chapter a week from now until the end of February. I would love to meet my goal, I'm just afraid I won't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know where to ask, but I am reading your book "How to write and self publish your first novel" And Where is "Here" Detailed Document / Book Formatting: • The best instructions are HERE • Seriously, read the guide linked above...

    Dorset, Paul (2011-05-17). How to Write and Self-Publish Your First Novel (p. 103). Unknown. Kindle Edition. I can't click on the word "HERE" to follow the link. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my version, the HERE is followed by http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/52 <- this is the link...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I bought the kindle version from amazon, but the link isn't on mine... hmmm.
    Thank you again
    Karen

    ReplyDelete