My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Friday, January 13, 2012

Juice Fast - Day 2 (Summary)

Another day gone. Two down and eight to go!

Today was not as straightforward as the first day. But there again, I wasn't expecting it to be so.

Let's get straight on with the comments:
  • Skin - Still a little blotchy on my face. Don't know if it's going to get better or worse
  • Energy - My energy was so-so yesterday. I can't say I had none, but I definitely wasn't bounding around everywhere
  • Sleep - Good - seem to be sleeping more these last two days
  • Hunger - I can't honestly say I was really hungry. I drank about 60oz of juice during the day and about 80oz of water. Maybe it gets worse later
  • Aches & Pains - None
  • Total Pounds Lost - 3.4 (1.4 yesterday)
  • General Comments - I had a vague headache most of the day. Something and nothing. I also spent the day journeying back and forth to the bathroom. The body is certainly starting to get cleaned out! I got tired quite quickly in the evening and I'm hoping this is just a part of the detox process. I generally don't need as much sleep as I am getting at the moment.
I have continued reading about other people's experiences going through a juice fast and I'm worried I might begin to smell and have bad breath soon. I hope I notice it first! Still, the weekend is approaching and so at least I can hide myself away if necessary!

I have also mixed several juices now and I can't say I really have a favorite to date. There's so much stuff in the fridge that I've sort of adopted the 'little bit of everything' attitude. My main drink of the day is certainly very green vegetable based. Last night I made up a mix containing romaine lettuce, celery, collard greens, parsley, spinach as a base and then added a couple of tomatoes, some ginger, a whole lime, a couple of carrots and an apple to sweeten and spice it all up a little. Quite surprisingly I could taste the lime and the ginger really well. It was a tasty juice and there is enough left in the fridge to take to the office for my lunch today.

As for breakfast, I continue to mix fruits. I use a base of three apples and a cucumber and then add something else (berries or pineapple or ...) as necessary. Very tasty, although I have noticed the juice goes through your body pretty quickly (see bathroom issue above!).

Hopefully today should be my last day of bleh. Let's see and thanks for sticking with me!

You can read the complete Juice Fast series by clicking the link HERE.

2 comments: