My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Thursday, November 10, 2011

Limericks - A Little Fun

I thought it was about time I did something a little different for a blog post, so today I'm posting a couple of Limericks...

Limericks are a good way to get the creative juices flowing if you're ever stuck with something to write. The form and the rhyming, force you to concentrate and also be succinct in what you write. So anyway, without further ado, here's my first limerick - a limerick based on my author name:

There once was an author named Dorset
Whose finger got stuck in a faucet.
He pulled and he pushed,
His finger got mushed.
The moral is gently; don’t force it!

Next up is a limerick I wrote about an unusual pet:

I once knew a hippo named Roger
Who happened to be my paid lodger.
We got along great;
'Til his payments were late
And I ousted that fat artful dodger.

So there you have it - limericks. Read this article at Wikipedia and have a go yourself. It's a fun way to spend a couple of hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment