My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Friday, November 18, 2011

The Dickensian Hippo - A Limerick

A few days ago I wrote a small limerick about a Hippo. It didn't take much time, and was a fun little project. I even got several comments from readers who enjoyed it. Well, in true fashion, a few days away from something often means you can come back to the project and make some improvements. The Hippo limerick proves the point. So without further ado, here's the updated version.

A Dickensian hippo named Roger
Moved into my house as a lodger.
We got along great;
'Til his payments were late.
So I ousted that fat artful dodger. 


Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Thats brilliant. Thinking of writing some of my own...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won't be able to stop now. I began writing limericks a few years ago, and couldn't stop, so I bought a book out, and then added illustrations. Nonsense Creatures, 2013 style.

    ReplyDelete