My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Friday, August 9, 2013

Writing Update: 08/09/13

I always find it tough when I first start writing a book - past the initial chapter. And it's not because I don't like the book, or am stuck for what to write, it's more of a case of getting back into the routine. The last third of a book takes me about half the time as the first third. It's just something I've come to accept over the years.

So with that said, this week I have started Xannu - The Mayhem, the final book in The Southern Land series for Young Adults. As I wrote last week, this is bitter-sweet for me. The end of an era. No more adventures with Teern, Maria, Selene, Terry, Joe, and Susan. Of course, there's a whole supporting cast too, and oftentimes it's tough to remember just what everyone in the story is doing. Maybe it's time to kill off a few characters!

I'm now 25,000 words down, and only another 100,000 to go. My goal is to try and finish the first draft of the manuscript by the beginning of October. It's going to be tough. So, with that thought in mind, it's goodbye from me for another couple of days. Have fun!

Follow Paul Dorset:   

No comments:

Post a Comment