My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Off Topic: Rant - Comedy and Political Correctness

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are mine and mine alone. Any reference to anybody dead, alive, or in some state somewhere in between, is totally unintentional. I was born in England in 1960, so go chew on that one.


What has happened to this world in which we live? What has happened to comedy? I think these are two fair questions. When I was a kid you could tell a joke about anything. No holds were barred. Yes, of course, some jokes were mean. And some were just damn funny. There was no one who was going to tell you that you were offending someone else. After all it was a joke.

Well maybe it was a joke at the expense of someone else. Or maybe your 'friend' was telling a joke at your expense. Either way you just had to suck it up. It was called life.

Nowadays the whole world has turned upside down. I can't tell a joke about a Rabbi. I can't tell a joke about a lesbian. I can't even tell a joke about a pregnant woman. Are there any safe subjects left? Let's face it, every joke we tell nowadays is guaranteed to upset somebody. You see we have become such feeble-minded creatures that we get upset by the most basic of topics. Now don't misunderstand me, I'm not advocating racism or homophobia, I'm just saying there should be a place in a balanced society for every kind of 'joke.' Joke being something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act (dictionary.com). Seriously people, do you really want to spend the rest of your life in a politically correct world with a bunch of boring morons? (whooops... shouldn't have gone there).

...just saying.

Follow Me:   

No comments:

Post a Comment