My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Melrose - First Blood (Progress #1)

I thought I'd start a little weekly update on how my writing of Melrose - First Blood is coming along.

It's been an interesting few weeks. I'm writing something a little different from my usual genre with this book. Melrose is aimed at older Young Adults - 16+. It has adult themes and younger adult characters (22 -25 years of age). It's also set in contemporary times and touches on the paranormal. But, it's no vampire story (or if it is, then it's vampires like you've never seen them before!).

I'm currently 34,500 words into an 80,000 word novel and the book is getting more intense than even I imagined it. Things are heating up nicely and the protagonist and antagonist will soon be thrust together in ways that will not end well I fear! It's been an adventure so far writing a book based on places I know (as opposed to the land of fantasy in which I usually stay) and using characters that you may even meet on your next trip down the street (although there are certain characters I would hope you never meet - for your own sake).

I'm excited to finish this first Melrose novel and the intent is to have the draft manuscript complete by the beginning of August. Then it will be a mad rush to get it edited and proofed, ready for a fall release. You'll have to watch out for opportunities to win early copies or invitations for reviewers. I definitely think this is my best novel yet...

Back to the story. I'll write some more and give a little more background next week. Until then, try a little of my fantasy stuff - buy a copy of Xannu - The Prophecy. It's only $0.99 for a full 125,000 word novel - that's a pretty good deal. It's available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords. Think Harry Potter meets The Chronicles of Narnia, during The Lord of the Rings!

No comments:

Post a Comment