My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Saturday, February 26, 2011

Music to write by...

I guess most people like to listen to music while they work. I'm not any different. When I'm writing I have to 'get into my groove' and I do that by only playing music from a select playlist. All my 'writing music' has no lyrics, I don't want to be distracted. I just want the sound of the music to play in my head so that it takes me 'to my happy place.' It only takes a few minutes for the music to work its charms and then I can happily write away for as long as necessary.

So today I thought I'd go look at that list of music that happily plays to me in my headphones and list it out. It will be interesting to see if it changes much over the next year or so.

My writing playlist consists of:

  • Born by Bond
  • Classified by Bond
  • Shine by Bond
  • A Baroque Collection
  • Original Four Seasons by Vanessa Mae
  • Classical Experiences III and IV
  • The Most Relaxing Classical Music
  • Essential Baroque
  • Jazz for a Rainy Afternoon
  • Jazz Veterans
  • Obrigado Brazil by Yo-Yo Ma
  • Vivaldi's Cello by Yo-Yo Ma
There you have it... An interesting and eclectic collection of music to write by. Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment