My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Monday, February 28, 2011

Marketing Week...

Well I've been at this new blog a little over a week now. (Why does it feel like months already?) And it's been a very interesting week. I have achieved a lot. Firstly I have my two fantasy novels published on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and SmashWords. That process alone was enough to drive me semi-crazy. Then I had to tidy up my blog and try and monetize it in the best way possible. Then I reworked all my websites to ensure they were all content relevant and cross-referencing each other. Then, of course, I had to actually carry on writing and get new blog posts out every day. Oh, and did I also mention that I created a promo video for my first novel, and finished the first manuscript of my book on project management? Hmmm.

So this week it's time to move into second gear. This week is devoted to out and out writing and shameless marketing. A boy's got to do what a boy's got to do to generate readers. Although I do have to say that I am very pleased with my first week of sales. Not bad for a little old English boy from the wrong side of the tracks.

I read an interesting book on book marketing over the weekend and it's given me lots of ideas. I have to admit I'm not looking forward to the press release writing part but still, it has to be done. I'll be interested to see if anyone picks that up. Then there's the registering for different communities and spending time on those to get your name known. What I want to know is when I am supposed to actually get time to sit down and write? Obviously at some un-earthly time of the day.

Speaking of which, it's now coming up to 7am and it's time to get back to work. Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment