My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I need another 8 hours a day...

Sometimes there's just not enough time in the day. The last few days have demonstrated this to me. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not asking for longer days, it's just that I haven't got all the things I wanted to get done actually done this week. If that makes any sense at all. The thing is, it is actually a full-time job writing a book, keeping a blog up to date, getting books published on Amazon and creating marketing materials. And that's without all the normal things that have to be done during the day.

Over the Christmas period I read Tim Ferriss' book The 4-Hour Workweek (see opposite). I have to say, it's an exceptional book. There is something to learn in every chapter. Now the book is not about only working 4 hours a week (although to a certain extent it is), it's also about changing your habits so that you position yourself to work smarter and earn more 'passive' income.

I have been trying to put his suggestions into practice in 2011 and so far I think I am working much more efficiently. Thankfully I was already doing a lot of the things he suggested. The next obvious step is to employ a factotum from somewhere (Tim suggests India or China) so that I can outsource a lot of the things I don't need to be doing myself. That's a really big step and one that seems difficult to justify when you don't have excessive income to divest. Still, it's going to have to be done at some time during the year if I am to become even more efficient.

Anyway back to the needing another 8 hours a day thing. If you are one of those people who just never seems to have enough time in the day (outside of your work 'day' job) and always seems to be overflowing into tomorrow, maybe you should consider reading Tim's book. The guy makes some really excellent points and as someone who believes I can make a difference to some people in the world, I for one need to get my working hours down to something approaching four hours a week!

PS. It looks like my second book in the Xannu series is just about to go live in the Amazon store - more on that tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment