My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Saturday, September 1, 2012

Author Interview: Patricia Lynne

Today I am pleased to present to you all the thirteenth in a series of Author Interviews. Recently I sat down with the scary-minded Patricia Lynne and our conversation went something like this:


Paul: I like to start my interviews by asking if you have any writing rituals?
Patricia: Not at all. Wait, I suppose I could count obsessively clearing out my twitter stream before I start writing. There's just something about not having to scroll a ton that makes me happy.

Paul: What types of books do you like to read? Who are your favorite authors? Why?
Patricia: I love young adult, especially paranormal. Also, serial killer true crime. Odd mix, I know. My all time favorite author is without a doubt Heather Brewer. I read her Vladimir Tod series and fell in love.

Paul: If someone had the power to step into your creative mind what would they see?
Patricia: I'm not sure I should answer that. What's in my mind is a bit scary. ;)

Paul: Do you have a favorite character in each of your series, aside from the lead? If so, which one and why? 
Patricia: In most of my stories, the young children are my favorite. I love channelling my six year old nephew for young characters.

Paul: How do you find the time to write?
Patricia: It's not really a challenge. My husband is the bread winner (and finding a part time job that doesn't turn me into a zombie has been impossible) so I get to stay at home and write all day… and think about how I should clean.

Paul: What is one thing you hope I do not tell the readers?
Patricia: Sometimes I wish I was a morning person. It can be annoying struggling to drag my butt out of bed at a decent hour.

Paul: If you are self-published, what led to you going your own way?
Patricia: Self-publishing was starting to lose its bad rep so I researched that as well as traditional. Self-published appealed to me more. I hated the idea of changing any of my stories just so they would fit the market better.

Paul: Do you plot your stories or do you just get an idea and run with it?
Patricia: I am a total pantser. I get the start of an idea and go. Sometimes, I have no idea how the story will end.

Paul: What is your most recent book? Tell us a little about it
Patricia: My next book (just released) is a YA called Snapshots. It's about a young man who can see the future when he looks into other's eyes. But only with both eyes so he keeps one covered and earning him the nickname Cyclop (Why his name is misspelled is explained in the story). Most seer characters follow the same pattern. They are blind and/or always have to stop a vision they see. Cyc learns before the story starts that trying to change the future can be disastrous so he just tries to survive without getting whiplashed by the future.

Paul: What inspired you to write this book?
Patricia: A chat on twitter discussing the lack of bisexual characters in LGTB YA. I went to bed thinking I'd like to write a bi character. Woke up with Cyc bouncing in my head.

Paul: Do you have any pieces of work that will never see the light of day?
Patricia: OMG YES! Haha. The first few stories I wrote won't see the light of day. One follows a young lady as she meets a vampire and they fall in love. Another was a story I mused on and used to help myself fall asleep. I decided to write it down. I haven't reread it, but I'm certain it's riddled with plot holes.

Paul: What do you do when you’re not writing? Do you have any hobbies or party tricks?
Patricia: I have a small handmade craft business where I make knitted winter wear and jewelry. I have an online store and I go to local fairs to sell.

Paul: Well, that was wonderful, Patricia. I wish you all the best for a successful future.

About Patricia Lynne: I never thought I'd be a writer and in school it was the farthest thing from my mind. Then one day I got a story idea and decided to write it down. Then another idea came. And another. Then THE idea came. A story I wanted to share with the world. It was all downhill after that. Hopefully, you enjoy reading my stories as much as I enjoy writing them.

Patricia's Author Site: Patricia Lynne
Patricia on Twitter: @patricialynne07
Patricia on Facebook: Patricia Lynne
Patricia's latest book: Snapshots (Amazon)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me on your blog, Paul. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: One follows a young lady as she meets a vampire and they fall in love.

    So you're the start of this trend. AHA! :)

    Great interview. Love the hair, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Not at all! That story will NEVER see the light of day. Now, you will find my vampires like to eat people more than fall in love. Also, I like writing from the male POV instead of the female.

      Delete