My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Friday, August 31, 2012

Unicorns (Melrose Part Two) - A Sneak Peek

Just a few more days until I release the second part of my Melrose (16+ YA) Urban Paranormal Thriller, entitled Unicorns.

On Monday (Labor Day in the USA) the book goes on sale at all the usual places for $2.99 (ebook) and $12.95 (as a paperback). I love the excitement of the last few days before a launch.

Today I thought I would share with you an excerpt from the book - the opening few paragraphs. Enjoy!


Beau watched from a distance as the coffin was slowly lowered into the grave. A light mist rolled off the bay and threatened to swallow the small group of mourners. Beau buttoned his jacket and absentmindedly looked skyward, daring the promised rain to fall.
“I’m glad you made the journey,” Ted said, reaching out his hand to Beau. “It was important.”
“I didn’t need asking twice.” Beau shook Ted’s hand. “The man was an icon, a legend.”
Ted nodded and put his arm around Beau’s back. “Let’s take a short walk. We can rejoin the others a little later.”
The two joined a pathway that ran through the cemetery and slowly walked away from the grave, toward the cover of the trees.
“How have you been?” asked Ted.
“I’ve been trying to keep my head down and not think about things too much. The last few weeks have been a little trying for me.”
Ted nodded. “Well you know you only have yourself to blame, don’t you?”
Beau mumbled an agreement and kept walking. “You don’t have to remind me. It was a really stupid thing to do. I don’t know what I was thinking.”
“At least the woman is recovering.”
“Thank God for small mercies.” Beau stopped walking and turned to face Ted. “Look, I’ve learned my lesson. I won’t be doing that sort of thing again. I’ll play by the rules from now on. I promise.”
Ted smiled. “Of course you will, Beau. Of course you will.”
Beau started walking again. “You don’t believe me?”
“It’s not as simple as that. You know it’s not. There’s something about the gift we have. Something that drives us forward. It is a difficult master to control. Abstinence is the only way.” Ted laughed. “Of course we cannot all manage abstinence and I’m not insisting you do. But hopefully you are now a little more aware of the consequences?”
“Yes, painfully so. I nearly killed one of the members of my own team. I don’t know what I was thinking. Or rather, I do. Look, it won’t happen again.”
“Don’t make promises you can’t keep, Beau. Just try and keep your feelings and desires under control. You don’t want to end up dead ahead of your time.” Ted stopped walking and turned around. “Let’s make our way back to the others.”



A single kiss can get a girl killed. But what if he's the most irresistible man you've ever met? What would you do? 
Unicorns continues the Melrose tale and finds other members of Beau’s office looking to cement their place as powerful players in this paranormal tale of corporate intrigue, greed, betrayal, love and death. 
There are many factions at work and who can tell the good from the evil? Maybe Lucy can as she attempts to come to terms with the devastating injury of her best friend and the deaths of others. Through everything Lucy struggles to find the man of her dreams, wherever he is. But her hunt for love will unknowingly expose her to the worst of society. Will she survive it all, or will she, like so many others, become another body in Melrose’s already full mortuary?

No comments:

Post a Comment