My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Writing Experiment #35 - Ryann Beta Readers


This is number thirty-five in a series of posts where I document the complete process of writing a novella - Day By Day!

INTRODUCTION

I am documenting (via my blog) the complete start to finish experience of writing a novella that I will be releasing for FREE once it is written and edited.

Ryann is the story of a thirteen year-old girl who works as a servant for a tyrant of a master, and longs for the day when she can buy her freedom. The novella will serve as the introduction to a new fantasy series I will start writing in 2013.

I have already written approximately 900 words per day and completed the draft manuscript. I am pleased to report that the editing phase is also complete!

The timeline for the experiment is as follows:
  • Plotting, Characters and Scene Outlines - April 1to April 20 - COMPLETE
  • First Draft Manuscript - April 21 to May 18 - COMPLETE
  • First Manuscript Edits - June 18 to June 21 - COMPLETE
  • Reader Proofs - June 22 to July 10 - COMPLETE
  • Final Manuscript Edits - July 11 to July 13 - COMPLETE
  • Ryann LAUNCH - July 26


STATUS

Today's Date: July 18th
Progress: The book is done! A proof is on its way to me and I am excited! Just over a week now until the launch, so watch for one more post before the actual launch.

I want to call out BIG THANKS to my beta readers who gave me helpful feedback. They will be getting their own signed paperback copy in the fullness of time.

Until then, here's the promotional blurb that will accompany the book:


Title: Ryann
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy
Word Count: 30,000

Living during a time when children were sold as indentured servants, Ryann must find a way to buy her freedom before the bullying son of her lord and master exacts a deathly vengeance upon her. The castle at Walthern is inhabited by lords and soldiers, potion-makers and sclavas; all trying to eke out an existence in an unforgiving country laid waste by battle. With only a tattered yellow nightdress, two dark brown dresses, and a small assortment of odds and ends, what chance does Ryann have of beating the odds?

No comments:

Post a Comment