My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Wednesday, June 13, 2012

New Blood (Melrose Part One): Excerpt (The Nightclub)


Today I thought I'd publish a small excerpt from New Blood, my young adult 16+ urban paranormal thriller. Take a read and then head on over to my website (or Amazon) to check it out and buy a copy.


New Blood (Melrose Part 1) - Genre: 16+ Young Adult Urban Paranormal Thriller

In a world where big corporations are controlled by a secret society, Beau is on track to have everything he ever wanted and more. And there is only one woman that stands in his way - As long as she can resist falling in love with the man of her dreams.

In this contemporary tale of power, greed, ambition, love and death, what would you be prepared to sacrifice to have it all? 


Available from AmazonBarnes & Noble and Smashwords for only $2.99





CHAPTER 9

...“You can come back to my place if you like,” the short blonde woman said a little later as she danced with the handsome man on the dance floor.
“If you like,” Beau replied, nibbling on the girl’s neck. “As long as you don’t mind driving.”
“I didn’t invite you to stay the night,” the girl giggled, nuzzling up close.
“Then I promise I won’t stay the whole night. Where do you live?”
“Bellevue.”
“I can get a cab later. It’s fine.”
“If you’re sure? It’s just that I do have to go to work tomorrow.”
“So do I.”
The blonde girl took a step back from Beau and took his hand. “Let’s go then. It’s very noisy in here.”
Beau glanced over at his table of work colleagues but they were all busily engaged in conversation. Just as well. He squeezed the girl’s hand and followed her outside. “What’s your name?”
“Jessica,” she replied. “And what’s yours?”
Beau smiled. He already knew her name. He had gotten it on their first kiss. “I’m Beau. Beau Tempest.”
Jessica giggled again. “It sounds like something out of a romance novel. Something my mother would read.”
Beau pulled up short. “You don’t live with your mother, do you?”
“Of course not. I have my own apartment. Do I look like someone who would invite someone back to where I lived with my mother?” Jessica reached up and kissed Beau’s cheek.
“I was just asking. I’m really quite shy you know.”
Jessica squeezed Beau’s hand tighter and wrapped her other arm around his back. “Shy, eh? Well I’m sure we can cure that. Come on. My car’s just over here.”
Beau breathed in deep. He could already smell the aroma of the night’s promised success. Tonight he would explore another woman. Someone fresh and new. More experiences to live and wander through. He put his hand inside his jacket. The bag of mushrooms was there. As they reached Jessica’s car, Beau pulled her close to him and kissed her passionately. “My shyness is fading away already.” He released her and studied her face. She was already temporarily lost in the euphoria that was running through her head. “Let’s get you home to bed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment