My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Writing Experiment #1 - The Concept

I thought it would be a great idea to use my blog to detail the complete end-to-end process of writing a book (well actually a novella). I'm hoping this will be an eye-opening experience for many of you, and just plain fun for others. I'm going to give you a complete look at the process as I plot, sketch out the scenes, and then actually write the book.

The experiment is going to take place during the next few months and the rough timeline will be as follows:

  • Plotting, Characters and Scene Outlines - April 1-20
  • First Draft Manuscript - April 21 to May 18
  • First Manuscript Edits - July 1-5
  • Reader Proofs - July 6-25
  • Final Manuscript Edits - July 26-31
As I plot, write and edit I will be giving my readers the complete inside scoop so that you can all see exactly how it is happening. At the end of the process I will release the novella as a free ebook on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, etc. The idea at this point is that the novella will form the introduction to a new fantasy series that I will start writing in 2013. You will get to read the words as I write them, errors and all, and see how the story changes and evolves over the course of the process.

I am excited to share this experiment with you all and I look forward to your feedback and comments. Stop by my blog to read more of the progress during the next few days.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like an excellent series. What do you plan to do in June?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In June I have my second Melrose book being released and I need to start work on the manuscript for book three in that series...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool idea, Paul. I look forward to watching this unfold. Thanks for the opportunity to learn while riding shotgun through your process.

    ReplyDelete