My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Scrivener #5 - Taking The Plunge

This is the fifth in a series of blog posts based on my experience with Scrivener - A Swiss Army Knife of a tool for writers. The previous post can be found HERE. The complete series can be found HERE.

Well, I've now been using Scrivener for about a month and I have decided to fully take the plunge into 'Scrivenerhood.' All in all, I love the program. I am using the Windows version and although I know it is a few versions behind the Mac version, it is still an amazing piece of software. Writing and editing manuscripts is really quite pleasurable.

During the last few weeks I have been busy editing three Xannu novels (two for second editions and one as a first manuscript edit). I have also just finished a second edition edit for my New Blood novel. During the next few days I will be starting a first manuscript edit on Unicorns (Melrose Part Two). And I really love the way I can make notes about novels as I edit them. I split the screen in two, with one half showing me the chapter of the book I am editing and then in the other half I have a character description or a place description showing. In this way I can keep and make notes as I go. Love it (see below).



So, that's what I wanted to write about today. If you're looking for a great software program to help you write and edit your manuscripts, then go and take a look at Scrivener. I don't think you'll regret it. And coming very soon to this blog will be my series on writing a novella from start to finish using Scrivener. This will be a must read.

Until the next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment