My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Monday, February 13, 2012

The Power of Social Media - Paying it Forward

Today I wanted to post a short blog entry about Social Media and paying it forward.

In case you didn't realize, Blog Posts, Twitter and Facebook can (and should) lead to new and wonderful friendships. But it shouldn't end there. If you are really using social media I believe you have a responsibility to nurture and interact with your new-made friends. What do I mean by that? Well let me give you a couple of examples that have touched me recently.

A couple of weeks ago I received a really nice email from someone who had replied to my tweets from time to time, saying that my blog posts about writing had inspired them to write the book they had forever been promising themselves. They even bought my book, How To Write & Self-Publish Your First Novel, and are now busy writing away - A humbling experience.

Then just a few days ago another of my twitter followers again contacted me to tell me that my blog series on juice fasting had inspired him to take the leap himself - Again, a very humbling experience.

The point is, we should blog about things we are passionate about and we should embrace those people that engage with us. If we let our passion shine through then maybe that passion will be used for a little input into someone else's life. And that's a wonderful thing.

I embrace and enjoy all forms of social media and I will continue reaching out and being passionate for as long as I am able.

Have a great day and pay it forward!

5 comments:

  1. Great post and totally agreed. Paying it forward has been a terrific experience for me, and I've met some amazing people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, Paul. I can't view Twitter as a "sales tool". I've made many friendships, have enjoyed the opportunity to nurture young authors, grumbled and laughed ... I think of Twitter as a safe haven where I can hang out with other writers.

    As for "blogging from the heart" -- I couldn't agree more. Words can, and do, inspire others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul, thanks for a lovely post. We all need to be reminded from time to time to "pay it forward."

    The social media has been a wonderful experience for me. I've made so many Twitter friends. It's a great way to interract with other authors, readers & bloggers.

    Words do inspire others. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shared your great info at the Health Matters Show, http://healthmattershow.com.

    Thanks! Cinda Crawford, host

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said, Paul. You and I are on the same page here. If you aren't here to engage and reach out, then I always want to say: "What a shame. You're missing the boat, and it's a grand one too!"

    ReplyDelete