My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Friday, February 3, 2012

At Last A FREE Book on Amazon!

Several months ago I wrote a post complaining that Amazon wouldn't let me sell one of my books for FREE! Well, now I've managed to navigate myself around the maze that is Amazon and get one of my books priced for exactly $0.00. Check it out HERE.

Just before the end of the year I decided to create an ebook featuring samples of three of my novels and bind them together as one package. The book was called simply A Paul Dorset Sampler. I launched it on Smashwords and Amazon. On Smashwords I priced it for FREE and linked accordingly to it, but on the Amazon site I had to price it at $0.99. Very frustrating. But - I had a plan! I waited until my book became eligible for premium distribution on Smashwords and then submitted it to Barnes & Noble, Sony and several other ebook stores. Smashwords then did its magic and a couple of weeks ago my book appeared on Barnes & Noble for FREE as well! Now was the time to take action. I hurried along to my book page on Amazon and clicked the link at the bottom of the page that says tell us about a lower price. I then provided links to the Smashwords page and the Barnes & Noble page and waited. It has taken about two weeks, but today - yes today - the book is FREE!!



So, hurry over to Amazon HERE and download a copy of my FREE ebook. Enjoy it and provide me some feedback. There's hope for us all yet!


A Paul Dorset Sampler is an introduction to three of my novels in three different genres. As you know, it can take time to find out if you like the work of a particular author and so I have decided to assemble a set of samples to three of my bestselling books and bundle them as one collection. Then, to make it even more attractive, I've made the whole thing FREE!

So, what are the samples? The book consists of samples from three books:
  1. Fergus Fedderfeeny's Food Factory (Middle Grade Comical Adventure)
  2. Xannu - The Prophecy (Young Adult Epic Fantasy)
  3. New Blood (16+ Young Adult Urban Paranormal Thriller)

Each sample represents approximately 20% of the complete book and will enable you to get a good feel for the book before you buy the complete version. Still undecided? Look at what some of the reviewers have been saying:

"Xannu - The Prophecy is further proof that commercial publishers have no monopoly on writing talent or writing quality." (Scott - Amazon)

"New Blood is a paranormal conspiracy novel that has a wide range of appeal. There is enough romance to bring in fans of that genre, but the story is not overshadowed by sappy teenage love scenes. The relationships between the characters bring the story to life in a believable and entertaining way that everyone can enjoy." (IndieBookBlogger)

"This is paranormal at its finest...This story will have you asking for more by the time you reach the end. I, for one, cannot wait until the second book in the Melrose series comes out." (Eva's Sanctuary)

2 comments:

  1. This is FAB news! Already on my BlackBerry. Shhhh! I promised no tech on my vaca, but we won't tell Bear!
    Red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still trying to do this with my book but I think I may die of old age first! Well done for cracking the system!

    ReplyDelete