My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Off Topic: Building A House #2

Three more weeks until it is ready! The time is fast approaching when our new house will be complete and we will be homeowners. As I've written previously, since just before Christmas last year, my wife and I have been in the house-building process. That's not to say it's been us that's been building the house - no we've had professionals doing it - but we're building a house nonetheless. There's a lot of things that need doing when you build a house. Everything from the architectural drawings, through to the color of the grout - and a million things in between. Life has suddenly become even more hectic than it usually is.

When our 2,400 sq.ft. house is finished we will be moving to the eastern outskirts of Mount Vernon, Wa, snuggled into the foothills of the Cascades, with sweeping views of the mountains on sunny days. It's going to be a lovely change of pace.


I'm most excited to have a dedicated office once again. Designing the house from scratch has enabled us to create that space I really miss since losing it several years ago. Now I will be able to write in peace, not having to worry about whether the room is needed for a spare bedroom or other nefarious purposes. What's more, my artistic wife gets a craft room all to herself so hopefully she will soon be back to designing little masterpieces once again.


All in all building a house is a rewarding experience. It's just a lot of upheaval for a short period of time. I'll write again with an update as we get nearer to our move.

Follow Me:   

No comments:

Post a Comment