My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Sunday, April 21, 2013

Writing Update 4/21/13

Last week I wrote a post all about the plotting process as I plan my next novel, Ryann's Brother. Well, the good news is that the plotting is nearly complete and I start writing the manuscript next weekend. One of the things I've done differently this time is to create a plot timeline in Excel. It's not something I've ever tried before but I was reading on a fellow author's blog about how they find it really helps keep holes out of plots. It was a fairly simple thing to create. I've put an excerpt of it below so you get an idea of how it works. In simple terms what it does is to track where each character in the book is at any particular time. It also helps to generate plot ideas. This is definitely something I will be using again.


The other thing I've been working on this week are the first edits to my upcoming Sci-Fi novel, NotDone. The book will be going out to beta readers later in the week and there's still time to get on the list if you want to. Just send me an email.

Well, that's about it for today. Busy times as usual. I'll catch you all later.

Follow Me:   

No comments:

Post a Comment