My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Tuesday, December 27, 2011

What Are Your Writing Resolutions for 2012?

So here we go, into another year. Out with the old and in with the new! How was 2011 for you? Did you achieve everything you set out to achieve? Or was it a bit of a damp squib? Hopefully it was the former or somewhere in between. I know that was true for me.

So, now that 2011 is drawing to a close we all have an opportunity to make those writing resolutions anew for 2012. What are yours?

I managed to publish eight ebooks in 2011. That is not to say I actually wrote eight books in 2011. In fact I only wrote four (and published three of them). Total written words for the year (including blogs, etc.) of about 400,000. That equates to approximately 1,000 a day - not too shabby!

In 2012 I want to improve on that total. This coming year I want to publish at least another three books and maybe write a fourth too. Total projected word count for the year - in excess of 500,000. That's going to be a tall order and I'll have to see how close I get to it.

To be successful as an Indie author takes a combination of many things, the first of which is continual writing! After all, you can't expect to become established with a portfolio of just one or two books. No, you need a collection. You need to prove to the world that you are serious. If I can have eleven or so published books by the end of 2012 I think people will begin to accept that I do actually write a little. I also need to get one of my series finished. I currently have too many series still open. So, this year my Melrose series is going to get finished and published in full (Xannu will be a few more years in the writing). I am looking forward to that!

So, there we go. The end of a year. The start of a new opportunity. Drop me a comment and let me know what your writing resolutions are for 2012.

3 comments:

  1. I don't have a writing goal as much as a reading/reviewing goal. I'd like to read 175 books and review 150 (I don't tend to review many of the traditionally published books I read, but I review almost every indie title).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had your resolve, Scott. Have a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi firstly I really enjoyed reading your blog! How true you are about writing a collection of books...I'm about to publish my first children's book and this year my aim is to complete another two!! Well, that's the plan...

    Best wishes

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete