My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Monday, August 29, 2011

New Blood (Melrose) – Progress #5

Every day the Earth turns and every day the hours tick by, whether we are paying any attention or not. The last few weeks have been a little crazy for me as I’ve tried to balance work, having my kids in town and continuing my Indie writing, editing and marketing tasks. Of course something has had to suffer and it’s been the writing and editing side of things. Oh well.

The good news is that during the last few weeks several people have read the early manuscripts for my latest novel, New Blood (Melrose Part One). The feedback has been more than encouraging. During the next couple of weeks I need to sit down and make a few edits and finalize the book, ready for its launch to the public. I’m contemplating doing something a little different with this book, paying to have the cover done and even paying a PR company to help get the word out. I’m not sure if this is the right thing to do, but you have to dip your toe into the water from time to time and experiment a little. And who knows, this may turn out to be a great thing. And if not then I’ve only added something else to my experience pool.

New Blood is certainly a page turner. That’s one consistent remark I’ve heard about my book. Apparently my characters are also strong, the suspense is at a high level and the book hits home with several target markets. There’s just a couple of things that need tidying up (and that's what early readers are for). I’m nearly there with the final ideas and I’m sure the first week of September will see an extra 3,000 words or so knocked out to add those finishing touches. I’m very excited! Hopefully this will be the book that gives me my breakthrough. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.


Anyway, that’s about it for today, other issues are calling me away. But if you’re anxious to read more, maybe even learn a little about becoming a successful author, why not pick up a copy of my book opposite. Thousands of words of advice for a few bucks! Take a look - How To Write & Self-Publish Your First Novel - Only $2.99

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to checking out the new series. Glad everything is going well on it so far.

    ReplyDelete