My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Saturday, March 23, 2013

Author Interview: Dangerous Lee

Today I am pleased to present to you all the 59th in a series of Author Interviews. Recently I sat down with the not at all Dangerous Lee and our conversation went something like this:


Paul:  I like to start my interviews by asking if you have any writing rituals?
Dangerous:  No. Lately I have only been jotting down ideas for stories or endings to stories. I find that I have become a lazy writer and I am going to blog more often to get out of that rut.

Paul:  If someone had the power to step into your creative mind what would they see?
Dangerous:  Oh man! There’s a lot going on in this head of mine. I’m not sure someone else could or would want to handle it.

Paul:  How do you find the time to write?
Dangerous:  I don’t. That is an issue for me. I am a web publisher as well as being an author and artist, so I spend most of my time reviewing other people's writing.

Paul:  What is one thing you hope I do not tell the readers?
Dangerous:  Well, since you only know what I tell you, I hope you tell them everything!

Paul:  If you are self-published, what led to you going your own way?
Dangerous:  I self-published because it became obvious to me that it was the only way my book was going to get published.

Paul:  Do you plot your stories or do you just get an idea and run with it?
Dangerous:  I get an idea and run with it. Plotting comes in as part of the process later on.

Paul:  Do you do a lot of editing or do you find that as time goes on your writing is more fully-formed?
Dangerous:  For my first book, Keep Your Panties Up and Your Skirt Down, I did the initial editing, but then had a friend come in as an extra pair of eyes and she did find some errors. Editing is a very important process in publishing, if not the most important part.

Paul:  What is your most recent book? Tell us a little about it.
Dangerous:  Keep Your Panties Up and Your Skirt Down – Six Erotic Tales of Safe Sex, is an anthology of short erotic stories with an emphasis on HIV education.

Paul:  What inspired you to write this book?
Dangerous:  The fact that African Americans have some of the highest rates of HIV infection.

Paul:  Do you also write any poetry, non-fiction or short stories?
Dangerous:  I dabble in poetry when I’m feeling emotional sometimes, but I am not a huge fan of poetry. I am a short story writer. I have tons of story ideas floating in my head, on my iPod, and on various scraps of paper.

Paul:  Do you have any pieces of work that will never see the light of day?
Dangerous:  I hope they all do get to see the light of day because I will write and publish books of short stories until I die.

Paul:  How much marketing do you do for your published works or for your ‘brand’?
Dangerous:  Keep Your Panties Up and Your Skirt Down will be 3 years old soon, but I still promote my book and the website to accompany it (www.pantiesupskirtdown.com) on a weekly basis. Safe sex will never be passe.

Paul:  What do you do when you’re not writing? Do you have any hobbies or party tricks?
Dangerous:  I am a web publisher, as I stated earlier, and things are really taking off with that, so that’s what I spend most of my time doing. I run The Dangerous Lee News & Entertainment Network (www.dangerouslee.biz) and I recently had content featured on The TODAY Show, so I am on a high to keep getting people to take notice of me.

Paul:  Thanks a lot, Dangerous. I wish you every success for the future.


About Dangerous Lee: Dangerous Lee (Lei Langston), a brand with various projects in the fields of web publishing, writing, acting, painting, and internet radio has also worked professionally in the radio, television, and music industries over the course of her career.

Dangerous' Website: Dangerous Lee
Dangerous on Twitter: @dangerouslee
Dangerous on Facebook: Dangerous Lee
Dangerous' latest book: Keep Your Panties Up and Your Skirt Down (Amazon)

Follow Me:   

No comments:

Post a Comment