My Books

Buy one of my books... Available above at Amazon. Also available at SmashWords, Barnes & Noble and iTunes


Saturday, October 20, 2012

Author Interview: Chris Redding

Today I am pleased to present to you all the twenty-fifth in a series of Author Interviews. Recently I sat down with the mysteriously brief Chris Redding and our conversation went something like this:


Paul:  I like to start my interviews by asking if you have any writing rituals?
Chris:  I listen to guitar-driven rock when I write. It pumps me up.

Paul:  What types of books do you like to read? Who are your favorite authors? Why?
Chris:  I love both romantic suspense and romantic comedy. Lisa Gardner is my fave in terms of romantic suspense. I like a variety of people who write romantic comedy, no favorite authors per se, but any story that has an animal in it.

Paul:  If someone had the power to step into your creative mind what would they see?
Chris:  Have you seen an episode of Hoarders? That’s probably what they would see. Not a lot of organization, but bits of lots of things I may use in the future.

Paul:  What is a typical day for you?
Chris:  I wish there was such a thing. Mostly I get up, eat breakfast, go through e-mails, workout, write, go to day job, maybe revise when I get home.

Paul:  How do you find the time to write?
Chris:  I have started plotting out the story I’m writing so I can pick up the thread of it anytime. So whenever I have a spare moment, I sit down and write.

Paul:  What is one thing you hope I do not tell the readers?
Chris:  That my books are terrible.

Paul:  Do you plot your stories or do you just get an idea and run with it?
Chris:  I used to be a pantser, but I don’t have that luxury. Some days I only have snatches of time so I need to be able to jump right into the story.

Paul:  What is your most recent book?
Chris:  The next book I hope to indie publish will be a romantic comedy. This is a departure for me. Along Comes Pauly is about a vegetarian veterinarian who wants to build a no-kill shelter but can’t seem to scrape together the money. She meets the heir to a hot dog fortune who had to give money to a charity. Seems like a match made in heaven, but she won’t take money that was made by killing animals.

Paul:  What do you do when you’re not writing? Do you have any hobbies or party tricks?
Chris:  I love to cross-stitch, but haven’t done that in a while. I work part-time helping my boss run a CPR training center for our local hospital. I wish I could tell you something interesting, but as I have two teen boys who keep me hopping that’s pretty much what I do.

Paul: Well thanks, Chris. I wish you every success for the future.


About Chris Redding: Chris discovered at age ten she had a knack for storytelling. Ever since, she has wanted to be a published author. She lives in New Jersey with her family and animals. When she isn't writing she works part time for her local hospital.

Chris' Blog: Chris Redding
Chris on Twitter: @chrisredding
Chris on Facebook: Chris Redding
Chris' latest book: Corpse Whisperer (Amazon)




2 comments: